Monday, June 17, 2013

The Slap From the Sister Wife

I recall one Sunday drive to church very well.  My sisters and I were sitting on the ground in the far back of our huge van.  The back seat was in front of us, and on it sitting was two of the Sister Wives.  They both seemed high strung and easy to push their buttons, now that I am older I completely get it and can see why.  I can only handle a bunch of kids for a short while, and these Sister Wives got to be around us 24/7.  Lucky them.

So, imagine all us kids.  Let's say the youngest was 5 and the oldest sibling to my was probably 17 years old.  Not to mention their kids.  As you can imagine, these ladies were blessed to put up with all of us for so long.

Getting back to The Slap.  So, we are all in the huge van and in the far back us little kids were hot.  The air was stuffy and we wanted some air.  We did not have a window so I opened the side window by the sliding door.  After a few minutes wife #2 closes it.  I complain to my sisters that it is hot again, and send up my little sister to open the window.  Wife #2 tells us she needs it closed because it is messing up her hair, so lone behold it is closed again.  I am guessing I gave it 5 minutes before sending my baby sister to open the window for all of us.

Sweet innocent 5 year old goes and opens the window, and before she knows what happened she is back handed across the face.  Next thing you know my dad slams on the brakes, she flies against the front seat.  My dad orders wife #2 to get out of the van.

Sitting in the van, we could all hear my talking very loud, "Don't EVER hit my children again!"  He told her she could walk.  He got in the van and drove slowly with her walking behind him on the freeway with everyone to see, and us kids to watch quietly in shock.

She got back in, and the van ride was quiet the rest of the trip. I don't recall if the window was open or closed the rest of the trip, but I am sure we were too much in shock to care.  Life went on.

No comments:

Post a Comment